I disconnect myself from what I know so that I can meet what I don't know
I place on my lap, this new idea, something someone else knows,
Something someone else has thought of
I am not giving up on what I know, not at all,
all that I know is all that I've come to be,
I'm just taking a walk from my wife and kids,
taking a ride outside the same ordinary scene,
I'm just taking a vacation so that I can see with clear eyes
If I hold on to all that I know, bias will be a wall,
and the other side will remain far away. I don't want it to be,
far away that is. I don't want all that I know to be all that I will forever know.
So I take a strode down unfamiliar places, unfamiliar things, unfamiliar people,
I take what I am not sure of, and lay it flat on the road and then walk on it.
It is so true and so healthy for our mind and body. Everyone should disconnect from reality every once in a while and refresh their mind and their heart. I often get lost in everyday race for money and success, can't help it have to keep up.
ReplyDeleteBut it is the days when I clear my mind, that keep me going. Those days I pretend that I have no restrictions and I think what is it that I want to do... and I come up with ideas and I make them real...
All my dreams have been created far from reality...
I think you are talking about some other aspects of life thou, more like someone taking a break from their family or being bored with people they know and trying to fulfill a desire to meet new ones and see what else is out there.
I guess that's good too. I have done it a few times but I have never walked away to far. I know people who can do that and I am a little fascinated by that. Mostly coz I can't ... I need that string of safety... I need to know that if I fall there is someone there to catch my hand and pull me back up.
Wish I could walk this walk by myself but I know for sure that I will get further with support. I simply challenge myself more when I feel safe !
So I'm amazed with people who are brave enough to walk that walk on their own. The ones off course who are challenging life and actually geting somewhere. Don't get me wrong I'm not impress with those who are alone but get nowhere in life !
There is nothing impressive about that ;-) anyone can do it ! lol
The last verse :
"So I take a strode down unfamiliar places, unfamiliar things, unfamiliar people,
I take what I am not sure of, and lay it flat on the road and then walk on it."
Gosh it gives me guse bumps just thinking about doing that willingly. If I find myself in unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people I never seam to have a problem dealing with it. But to think about just leaving everything I know and walk a road I know nothing about seams crazy to me.
I hope I'll do it one day thou just for the adrenalin !!!
Indeed, this poem is not really about getting away from people. The part about people is used to emphasize that he steps away from all he knows, not necessarily looking for solitude. while what you are saying is totally correct, I am more focused on "Bias." people find difficulty finding common grounds because of bias. Bias, that we cannot help but be as our mind makes up own idea of all situation.
ReplyDeleteTo be able to get to the other side, sometime you have to leave yourself elsewhere so that you can better understand, from an unbiased point of view.
See things in a different prospective, because your mind may not allow you!!
Thx for the comments!!